Social Skills Group Registration
Vocalsaints are excited to inform you that we are now taking bookings for our termly Group Social Skills Courses! These courses are designed by our Therapists to teach children the communication skills they need to thrive in social interactions and make friends in a fun group setting!
Social Skills Group Registration Form:
- There will be 10 sessions in total per course.
- Each session runs on a Saturday over the duration of a term – Term 4 will run from Saturday 12th October until Saturday 14th December.
- Each session has a 1-hour duration.
- There is a maximum of 10 children per session.
- The cost is $40 per session.
- Payment can be made upfront prior to the term, or we can charge your credit card after each session.
Course 1 – for ages 4-7 years:
The focus is around understanding the ‘rules’ of interaction
- eye contact
- awareness of feelings
- giving and following instructions
- play skills
Course 2 – for ages 8-12 years.
- Emotions: identifying and handling
- Conversations: listening, body language, topics, when/where/how to converse
- Friendship: joining in, being a good sport, compromising, helping, shared interests
These courses are open to anyone, as long as they meet the age requirements. Feel free to pass this email on to any of your friends who may also be interested.
Please note: If you child is struggling with a specific aspect of social interaction you will be able to inform us when you fill in the pre-assessment social skills questionnaire, this will help us to customise or focus on certain aspects of the course for your child. Depending on the results of the pre-assessment questionnaire your child may be grouped with other children of similar needs.